Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TEACHING STATEMENT



Why do I want to teach?

It's hard to put into words all the reasons why I want to be a teacher. Some days I find myself just dying for my chance to get out there and touch children's lives. It's hard to describe, but something inside of me tells me that though it's not going to be easy, this is what I am meant to do. I want to live a life of service to others, especially children. I want to nurture them and be the person that lifts them up.

What is definition of teacher?

Teacher is a person who educates others. A teacher may also be described as a personal tutor. The role of teacher is often formal and ongoing, carried out by way of occupation or profession at a school or other place of formal education.

What are the styles of my teaching?

I want my classroom to be an exciting adventure land but also a safe place all at once. I want my studentd to leave my class with more confidence, compassion, and enthusiasm for life and learning than they entered it. I will teach them the skills they need to know to succeed academically, and the skills they will need to love themselves and others. Perhaps, I will only plant seeds that I may never personally see flower, but I will not ever give up. As a teacher, I will have great power to change lives and change the world. This power will be humbling, exhilarating, overwhelming, frightening, but exceedingly worthwhile.

What is my vission to be a teacher?

I am ready to accept the challenge of becoming a teacher with my arms, mind and heart wide open.

0 comments: